Sunday 28 October 2018

Vintage Dragon fly bottle

Good evening everyone

I must apologise for not commenting and visiting your blogs the past few weeks. 
I've really not been myself , I blame the weather lol 

As you've noticed I've been into mixed media a lot lately.  I enjoy the messy part of it and if you make any mistakes you just paint over it plus it's fab for recycling as you can upcycle all the rubbish you'd normally just throw away. 


I'm still into card marking I'm just gping through a phase lol. 

My son loves to drink gin at weekends so I've been upcycling the empty bottles. 


This was a clear empty bottle. 
I used imagination crafts beautiful rice paper to stick in certain places on the bottle using decoupage glue.  I then used sand and brown starlight paints to paint in the empty areas using a sponge , I put several layers on to get even coverage.  


I like texture and dimension so used flowers, bow, red wire, ribbon and jewellery beads to create texture then painted and used pearl white and gold wax on them all.  



The butterfly and Dragon fly was created using imagination crafts stencils on clear acetate using sparkle medium and glitter and then allowing it to dry and cutting thrm out once dry. 


A great distraction doing it and thoroughly enjoyed it

Lights are purple hence the different colour. 

Thank so much for looking 

Sharon 
Xxx 

2 comments:

crafty-stamper said...

Brilliant transformation love the beautiful dragonfly
Carol x

Wendy L said...

Looks amazing . Xxxxx