Thursday 25 October 2018

Halloween mixed media canvas & pumpkin

Good morning! 

So sorry I've not been as active as normal, I've been busy with one thing or another.

Not had time to craft lately but luckily made something for Halloween last week and it fits perfect for the theme of the new challenge over at moving along with the times blog for my DT post. 


The host for this new challenge is Amy:
Hi Everyone, this is Amy!!!
It is my turn to host the challenge!!! Fall is finally here, it is one my favorite seasons because of a very fun day that comes in October!!  Yep you guessed it, the theme for the new challenge is....

"Halloween"

You can join in by clicking the following link:  


Started of with a 50p white canvas which I painted with different colours of starlight paints from imagination crafts.  I went round the border with some gold wax polish and black wax also from imagination crafts . 


I used sparkle medium to stencil some patterns to add texture.  The photo is a hologram which I got for Halloween , it changes the features on the face when you move position lol

I used Elizabeth grants happy frames die to create the frame around the photo which I painted with starlight paints and wax polish. 

The broom, witches boot and witches hat is from a tonic die set, I added silver and pearl gilding polish for highlights. 

The rest are all from my crafty stash, bits and bobs which I painted to match the theme of the canvas. 

The pumpkin I also painted with starlight paints and added ribbon 


I can't say enough how versatile these starlight paints are, they are so beautiful and sparkly plus can use on anything even card and creating your own backgrounds. 
You can have a mooch at different colours here:
Starlight paints

I've got to say I just love Halloween, I love haunted places, spirits and horror films lol! Best time of the year for me lol! 


Look forward to seeing your gorgeous makes over at moving along with the times blog!

Thanks so much for stopping by and any comments you may leave

Have a lovely day

Sharon 
Xxx 

4 comments:

Poppyfield Card Crafts said...

WOW great design Sharon!

I thought the female face was spooky enough until I saw the skull LOL

Crafty hugs....

June/Team B

crafty-stamper said...

Great project love the frame and spooky image
Carol x

Wendy L said...

What amazing makes Sharon, love the hologram picture.
Thank you. Xxxx

Jenny L said...

Hi Sharon,
as usual you aced the challenge DT make with this gorgeous creation.
It looks so amazing and very stunning.
Love the very fab design and all the lovely work gone into it.
Yes I agree the Starlight paints are one of the best paints I have ever used, and they dry to quickly too.
Have you tried using an old wash up sponge or any sponge and dapping it on it gives you a lovely texture, but I'm sure you have thought of that.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.