Friday 16 November 2018

Table Christmas decoration

Good evening! 

Money is tight this year so I've been making my own Christmas decorations.

I upcycled this using a old microwave glass plate I've had for years, an old candle and natural nature pieces


I used this beautiful vintage rice paper from imagination crafts and glued to the back of the plate using decoupage glue.  I then used starlight paints over it which gave it a nice peachy colour as the paper is translucent so will take the colour of anything you put on top .  I also used a piece of it to put on the candle and finished them both of with the paints and wax mediums. 


The pine cones and acorns I painted with the same paints and sprinkled glitter on top whilst wet. 


The flowers are from Tim holtz holtz poinsetta die and embossing folder.  I do love these , they're so effective and a good price too.  You can buy the die and embossing folder here:
Tim holtz poinsetta die


 I used foam sheets and card and also covered them with the starlight paints and embossed and glittered. 


The flourishes are from Crafters companion. 

Thoroughly enjoyed making this.  It looks so beautiful in natural light. 

Have a lovely weekend
Thanks so much for stopping by

Love
Sharon 
Xxxxx 


4 comments:

Liz said...

OMGosh, Sharon, what a fabulous creation! Brilliant recycling. xx

crafty-stamper said...

WOW absolutely stunning recycling -better than anything you would be able to buy-brilliant
Carol x

Wendy L said...

What a fab idea, why pay a fortune in a shop. Looks great, xxx

Unknown said...

You know your projects stand out of the herd. There is something special about them. It seems to me all of them are really brilliant! yatak odası dekorasyonu