Monday 30 July 2018

Glass jar lantern

Good morning everyone 

I picked up a plain glass jar for 50p and was just going to use it to put a candle in.  As you know I love silhouette dies and stamps so saw on some craft sites of using silhouettes with led lights. 


I had some candle paint which I received in a mystery imagination crafts bag which altogether contents worth £50.  It was all I had to paint glass with so gave it a go. I did 3 coats then used paintbrush to paint glitter glue on top whilst dry. 


I cut some silhouette dies of fairys , grandfather and child and trees and grass. Brands are poppy crafts, quick cards and tattered lace. I used clear glue to stick to inside of the jar and inserted some battery operated led lights. 

Absolutely love the effects and it only took just over an hour. 


You can buy the stunning imagination crafts starlight paint here:
Starlight paint
The paint has crushed metallic gilding flakes in it

Hope you like this as much as I do 

Have a lovely day and thanks so much for stopping by 

Love 
Sharon 
Xxx
Challenges :

Crafters castle - Anything goes
Lil patch of crafty friends - Anything goes
We love to create - Anything creative
Always fun challenges  - Anything but a card
Artistic inspirations - Anything goes
Crafting from the heart - Anything goes

3 comments:

The Craft Princess said...

I love making luniaries out of jars....and your's is absolutely gorgeous!!! Thank you so much for entering our challenge at Crafter's Castle this month....good luck :)
Hugs... Janie
DT
Crafter's Castle
crafterscastle.blogspot.com

Jenny L said...

Hi Sharon,
what an excellent creation.
It looks very stunning and beautiful.
Love how you have done this very imaginative.
I love Starlight paints they are brilliant they work brilliantly on card and make such gorgeous flowers have you tried this.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

Jackie C said...

So glad that you have shared your great artwork with us here at Always Fun Challenges. Good luck hun and do come back again!
Jackie DT @AFC