Sunday 2 December 2018

Regal gates light up diorama card

Good evening 

I've been all over the place the past few months due to a very severe depression.  There's a lot of stigma concerning mental health still so was very aware of this and embarrassed to mention it here.

It got so bad I had to see doctors urgently this week and have a meeting with the crisis team.   I can honestly say it's been the worst 2 half months of my whole life.   I'm slowly getting there but it's going to take time 


Anyway so last night I created this Light up diorama card using crafters companion regal gates cut & emboss folder & Christmas village embossing folder.   They're 3d folders and are just stunning. To have a look at their selection click here:
Regal gates cut & emboss folder


I embossed 2 pieces of card using Christmas village embossing folder & regal gate cut and emboss folder.  Once embossed I went over gate with gold starlight wax and the village with pearl starlight wax mixed with a bit of gold.  I used artsy stones from imagination crafts for the snow and white gel pen to add highlights.  


I placed Christmas village one at the back of diaroma card and used cut & emboss folder for the front to cut the aperture and then matted my finished one to the front.  
I used Brown shimmer card & Sara's luxury cotton paper behind the gates to create shadow & her flourish die.


Lights I use are micro lights, I pierced holes at the back where I wanted them placed then pushed them through & taped round the back.  The rest are embellishments & flourishes added on to make it pop. 


Thank you so much for all your lovely comments & taking the time to come and look ❤

Love 
Sharon 
Xxx

1 comment:

Liz said...

Stunning card, Sharon, such a beautiful design.

Sorry to hear you've had a really tough couple of months. I hope you get the help and support you need to get through this difficult time. Thinking of you. xx