Sunday 2 September 2018

Upcycling a letter holder

Good evening crafters

Its been a very stressful week and due to the stress my neck muscle went into spasm. I've not been able to craft all week and it's still in spasm despite the tablets.  

I started to get very frustrated and fidgety so needed to find some kind of craft that didn't put any pressure on my neck or shoulder. 


I decided on decoupaging.  The rice paper is from crafters consortium. You can buy their beautiful rice papers here:
Craft consortium rice papers


  I had a letter holder which I bought for 50p so decided to turn it into something pretty. 
Here is the letter holder before I upcycled it: 


I glued the paper onto the letter holder using decoupage glue and varnish.  I had loads of die cut pieces in a box so decided to raid it and see what I could find to use on it without using the die cut machine. 


The already die cut pieces are from different brands , crafters companion, ultimate crafts, tattered lace and Joanna sheen dies. 


I used gems and pearls and made 2 tags out of Hunkydorys mirrored cardstock. Ribbon and glittered letters are from create and craft sets. 


Took me quite a few days to finish it doing a bit at a time at a very slow pace but enjoyed it .
Unfortunately colouring, die cutting using the machine , cutting out and stamping are something I can't do right now until this goes.


Hope you like 
Thanks so much for looking and stopping on by 

Sharon 
Xxxx

Challenges:
Outlawz festive Friday challenge - Christmas
Creative fingers - Anything goes
Jos scrap shack - Anything goes
Winter wonderland  - Christmas joy
Crafty hazelnuts Christmas challenge  - Anything Christmas goes
Crazy 4 challenges  - Use any technique
My time to craft - Christmas in August
Christmas crafts all year round  - Anything but a card
DL art Linky challenge - Anything goes
Merry little Christmas  - Anything goes
Not just cards  - Anything goes
Rhedds creative spirit  - Altered art
Merry Christmas challenge  - Anything Christmas goes
World wide open design team challenge blog - Anything goes



17 comments:

crafty-stamper said...

WOW fabulous transformation -love the rice paper and die-cuts--hope you feel better soon
carol x

Annettes Hobby Rosettes said...

Wow brilliant design, I love it. Great work. Thank you for sharing with us here today at World Wide Open Design Team Challenge and best of luck with your entry.

Annette DT Registered Owners/Admin for World Wide Open Design Team Challenge

DIANA L. said...


This is so Awesome I love what you did with the old letter box. super duper project.
Thank you for joining my DL.ART Thankful Thursday Anything Goes SEPTEMBER 2018 Linky Challenge. Have a blessed day
DIANA L.

DL.ART
DIANA L.

AO Creations said...

Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at Merry Little Christmas Challenge, good luck!!! Amy DT

Jenny L said...

Hi Sharon,
what a very stunning creation.
You have made an excellent job of this even though you were in pain.
I love all the wonderful work you have put into this and what an amazing difference from the plain old white one.
That was a very fab find at that price too.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

Kath said...

A lovely way to decorate your letter holder. Thank you for sharing at Winter Wonderland.
Kath x

Sam Squires - A Crafting Niche said...

Wow, a lot of work has gone into transforming the letter holder. It looks great. Thank you for taking part in the "My Time To Craft" #378 challenge. Sam x

Aimeslee Winans said...

Sharon, what a beautiful transformation that letter holder has experienced! You did a wonderful job. I'm so sorry you are in pain. I myself suffer from 5 arthritis's and have ankylosing spondylitis and degenerative disk disease in my already too-short neck. So, I feelz your pain, literally. Hope you get some relief from it soon. Thank you for joining us at The Merry Christmas Challenge Blog!! xoxo
Aimeslee
TMCC DT

foleysfriend said...

What a great creation, despite your discomfort. I love how you were able to use die cuts from your "extras box" to add to the project. Please take care. Thanks for joining us at The Merry Christmas Challenge.

sue n.

Darlene said...

WOW! Fantastic! Reminds me of an old Swiss Chalet! Beautifully done! Thanks so much for playing in our Merry Little Christmas Challenge! Good Luck and I look forward to seeing you again next month!

Darlene
Merry Little Christmas DT
MERRY LITTLE CHRISTMAS
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please come for a visit.

NanaConnie said...

Saw this at The Outlawz and left a comment there but am here now with a DT hat on my head. :-D I'm delighted to see you playing in our "Anything Goes" challenge at World Wide Open Design Team this month and good luck.
NanaConnie DT

Marie Bingaman said...

This is GORGEOUS! I love it, and it is perfect for our Anything but a card challenge at CCAYR! Thanks for sharing it with us! :)

~Marie B -DT

Lys said...

What a rich transformation! I love the details you added. Thanks for playing along with us at Rhedd's Creative Spirit challenge!

http://blog.timetocreate.com.au/ said...

That is pretty!
I hope the crafting took away your pain for a little while. Thank you for joining us at Rhedd's Creative Spirit Challenge this month.

Julie said...

Beautiful project
thanks for joining us in The Merry Christmas Challenge
Julie T

Cards By MI said...

Such fantastic project. I looks like you have been having fun with this project. It looks smashing. Thanks for joining my Christmas Joy challenge over at Winter Wonderland.
Love n hugs
Marie

mandysea said...

This is a gorgeous little house - looks just like a Christmas chalet. ITs turned out beautifully despite your injury (hope its well on the way to recovery!) Thanks so much for playing in our Merry Little Christmas Challenge!