Saturday 8 September 2018

Upcycled glass bottle

Good evening all 

Its my sister's birthday this Tuesday so decided to make her something. 

I bought a empty glass bottle for 75p.  Its a full sized bottle . I had some credit on a crafting site so bought some starlight paints.  These paints have mica powder in them so they glisten and sparkle in the light.  There are some beautiful colours. I used salmon and gold. You can paint them on any surface even material.


There's different variations even candle starlight paints which you can find here:

I painted the bottle using a blending tool and dabbing it on, allowing it dry then repeating. I did about 4 layers. 


I had some rice paper which I ripped around the flowers then stuck on the bottle with decoupage glue. I then sealed it all with a varnish. 

 

The flowers wrapped around the bottle are tattered lace dies and some crafters companion. I painted the die cuts with same colour as the bottle. 



The hearts are fabric which I also painted with starlight paints. 

I then put some lights inside and used a black velvet tie up bag for the battery pack.
In total this all cost 75p so a fabulous bargain lol! 


I hope she likes it as the colours match her living room.  


Throughly enjoyed making it too

Thanks so much for stopping by
Have a lovely evening 
Sharon 
Xxx

Creative artiste challenge  - Anything mixed media goes
Creative fingers  - Anything goes
Crafting with an attitude - Anything goes
Crafting by designs  - Anything goes
International art and soul  - Use non craft item to upcycled 


7 comments:

crafty-stamper said...

Brilliant result and love the colour - a beautiful gift
Carol x

Hazel said...

I bet your sister loves it, it's gorgeous. You've used lovely colours too. Thanks for joining us at IAAS. Hazel x

Scrappin Sue said...

Very pretty and happy birthday to your sister
Thank you for sharing at Creative Artiste Mixed Media Challenges x

BożenA said...

Such a beautifully decorated bottle.
Thank you for joining our fun in Crafting With An Attitude.
BożenA DT CWAA

Andree said...

A pretty altered bottle. Lovely soft colour and gorgeous floral details.
Thank you for joining in with our September challenge "Anything Mixed Media Goes" at Creative Artiste Mixed Media. Good luck x

sanpiseth40 said...

The blog are the best that is extremely useful to keep.
I can share the ideas of the future as this is really what I was looking for,
I am very comfortable and pleased to come here. Thank you very much!
หนังออนไลน์

Elizabeth J. Neal said...

What a fantabulous post this has been. Never seen this kind of useful post. I am grateful to you and expect more number of posts like these. Thank you very much. Mini Liquor bottles