Thursday 21 June 2018

Acrylic Painting

Good morning to you all

Just a quick post as wanted to put this on my blog quickly before bed

I've had some acrylic paints for a while now and was quite dubious about using them. 
Tonight I needed a distraction so looked up some tutorials for acrylic painting. 
As you've probably realised I love scenes and night scenes more than anything. 


I found a fabulous playlist of step by step video on YouTube called "painting with Jane". You can click here to check it out:
Acrylic Painting tutorials

She does fabulous tutorials on painting with acrylics so used it as inspiration for this painting

It's a night scene of a wooded area with stars peeking through the trees reflecting on the water. 

Considering this is my first ever painting I'm quite pleased with this one.  Not perfect but I put that down to not having the best quality paintbrishes  


I hope you like it. 
I know my blog is not just card crafting lately but I do like to try new things and give them a go.  
A fabulous distraction too 

Have a lovely day
Lots of love
Sharon
Xxx

Challenges

Outlawz festive Friday challenge  - Theme: Anything goes
A inky mess - Anything mixed media
A perfect time to craft  - Anything goes
Crafts galore encore - Anything goes
DL Art Linky challenge - Anything goes
Love to craft - Anything goes
Colour crazy challenge - Anything goes
Morgan's art world  - Anything goes
Not just cards - Anything goes

7 comments:

DIANA L. said...

So pretty I love all the stars in your night sky. Have a blessed day, my friend
http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com

Jenny L said...

Hi Sahron,
what a very beautiful scene and beautifully created.
Looks like you have another wonderful string to your bow.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

Annettes Hobby Rosettes said...

Wow wow wow - you did an amazing job with this gorgeous scene. Wonderful work for your first acrylic painting. I love it.
Thank you for sharing with us over here at Morgan's Artworld Challenge, best of luck with your entry.

Annette DT for  http://morgansartworld.blogspot.com.au/<br

Annettes Hobby Rosettes said...

Back again, and again, just gorgeous work. I love it.
Thank you for sharing with us over here at "A Perfect Time To Craft" and best of luck with your entry.

Annette DT for http://aperfecttimetocraft.blogspot.com.au/

 

Arlene said...

A beautiful first try, really quite good. So glad you joined us at Morgan's ArtWorld this month.

Loose Stitches said...

Gorgeous painting! Thank you for sharing with us over at Morgan's Artworld Open Challenge and best of luck with your entry.

Sherry DT for http://morgansartworld.blogspot.com/

LOU said...

That is a beautiful painting! Especially for your first try. I love the colours.
Thanks so much for joining us at Not Just Cards. Hope to see you again soon,
Lou DT xo