Monday 21 May 2018

Wish upon a star

Good evening all 

Firstly wanted to welcome my new follower, thank you so much in taking the time to follow me and I also wanted to say a huge thank you to everyone that leaves a comment and who gives me such awesome feedback about my projects.  It means so much to me and I may not answer them all back but please believe they're read and appreciated! 


Over the weekend I've been playing about with my Sheena Douglas Sparkle pens.
I used some watercolour card and created a scene using the pens and Crafters companion fairy stamps.  I used glycerine to mix in with the ink and I love the outcome.  The stars and highlights were used using Sakura white gel pen.


It's a night time scene with tree branches all around and looking through the clearing of the branches you see the fairy dancing in the moonlight.   I can't explain how easy it is doing this and its so much fun and the finished product is always beautiful


To put the scene onto a card I made a bow front gatefold card using acetate.  I just made a gatefold card out of A4 cardstock but made the middle larger than usual to fit the scene into .  I then scored at each end of the acetate and wrapped around the front of the gatefold card.  I used Lynda Chapman's black cardstock.  


The acetate and sentiment are from Hunkydory.  I stamped the sentiment onto a scrap piece of sparkle pen background and die cut using Tattered lace oval spring into summer die. 


The silhouette fairy is from a die from poppy crafts and rest of the dies frlm tattered lace and ultimate crafts. 


Gems , black flowers with gem and other paper I used are from my normal statsh

 

Thanks so much for stopping by and if you have any questions please ask, I'll do all I can to help and answer.

Have a lovely week
Lots of love 
Sharon
Xxxxx

Challenges:
Allsorts challenge blog - Birthday card
Crafty calendar challenge  - Things with wings
Crafty friends challenge  - B is for Bow
Fairy and the unicorn  - Anything goes optional theme - Faeries
613 avenue create  - Anything goes optional theme mainly blue
HeARTful stamping challenge - Anything goes plus a stamp
Lil patch of crafty friends - Anything
Corrosive Challenge blog - Anything goes
We love to create  - Anything creative or media goes

10 comments:

Liz said...

A beautiful creation, Sharon. xx

DonnaMundinger said...

WOW! This is spectacular, Sharon! Really love your technique with the pens and of course your gorgeous design. Amazing! xxD

Jenny L said...

Hi Sharon,
what a very super and stunning design.
Love all your stinning work that makes up this adorable creation.
You are getting good use out of those pens arn't you.
Sorry not been around much again it takes me so long to do things now, and times seems to fly by to quick or is just I haves slowed down with my age and health probs.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

Wendy L said...

Gorgeous card Sharon, thanks for joining us at Allsorts. Xxx

meg said...

Stunning work, love all the tiny details which enhance the image, thank you for joining in at Crafty Calendar

brenda said...

A really pretty creation for our 9th Birthday celebrations at Allsorts, many thanks for joining in.

B x

The Red Mullet Band said...

Great creation!!!!
Thanks for joining us at Corrosive Challenge blog
Ana Isabel DT Coordinator

Megan J said...

Hi Sharon, a masterpiece, love the little fairy dancing in the moonlight. Thank you for joining us at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends... good luck in the prize draw... Megan DT LPoCF

Linda said...

Gorgeous card!
It's a magical scene, I love this so much!
Good luck in the draw!
Thanks for playing along in our B is for challenge over at the craftyfriendsblog.
Linda DT-CF

Chris said...

Wow - a lot of work went into this and it shows. It's so pretty and fanciful. I love it! Thanks for playing along with my heARTful stamping challenge this past week.