Saturday 31 August 2013

Hidden secrets box 2

Good evening again bloggers! 

I hope your weekend has been good so far.  

I'd also like to welcome my new follower hazel.  Thank you so much for taking the time to follow me I truly appreciate it! 

I've had a busy day today.  Got up this morning and realised that my youngest son 17 yrs had lied to me and had gone to a house party and not his girlfriends house like I thought.  Oh boy I wasn't happy lol.  
Then after grounding him I decided to take my 6 mth puppy Toby for a walk down the park.  Only managed to stay there for half hour as this weird guy kept following me and staring at me, this gave me the Jeebies so decided to head back home and craft lol. 

I decided to create one of these hidden secrets box.  I adore them and made one last year in a shabby chic kind of style.  This one I made more girly and used a flower fairy decoupage topper for the top of the box. 


The box is made of card stock from hunkydory. Ribbon, toppers for the drawers were from create and craft. 

I lined the inside with some paper I had in my stash and the rest of the embellishments were from eBay.  I'm a sucker for a bargain lol. 

I preferred the one from last year to this one.   I hope you like it? 



 Thank you all for your comments and thoughts on my blog.  It's so nice to be back. 

If you did want to try this project out for yourself here is the tutorial: 
http://frommycraftroom.blogspot.co.uk/2012/04/secret-box-tutorial-4-12-high.html?m=1

Thank you all
Hugs
Sharon xx 

I'd like to enter this into the following competitions please: 

http://deliciousdoodleschallenge.blogspot.co.uk/2013/08/challenge-51-anything-floral.html?m=1

Anything floral 

http://sisteractcardchallenge.blogspot.co.uk/2013/08/challenge-22.html?m=1

Anything goes 

http://thesweetpeastampers.blogspot.co.uk/2013/08/fantasy-challenge-and-winners-post.html?m=1

Fantasy 

http://totallypapercrafts.blogspot.co.uk/2013/08/challenge-182-decoupage.html?m=1

Decoupage 

http://cutecardthursday.blogspot.co.uk/2013/08/challenge-284-things-with-wings.html?m=1

Things with wings 

http://www.hidinginmycraftroom.com/2013/08/himcr-113-freestyle_31.html?m=1

Freestyle 

http://craftycalendarchallenge.blogspot.co.uk/?m=1

Anything goes 

http://pumpkinspiceblog.blogspot.co.uk/2013/08/winner-announcement-challenge-35.html?m=1

Anything goes 





14 comments:

Desire Fourie said...

Awesome little project. Love all the drawers and thanks for sharing the tutorial link.
Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

Unknown said...

What a gorgeous secret box! What will be in it... some secrets of the fairy? Thank you for joining at Sweet Pea Stampers, Fantasy. Good luck and we hope to see you again! Sylvia, DT-member Sweet Pea Stampers

Sue said...

This is wonderful Sharon, such a fabulous design and I love all the detailing you have added.
hugs Sue xx

Hazel said...

What a gorgeous project, so beautifully crafted. Thanks for sharing this for the Sweet Pea Stampers 'fantasy' challenge, Hazel, The Sweet Pea Stampers DT x

Cathy P said...

Your Hidden Secrets box is just fabulous! Thanks for linking it up with us at the Sister Act Challenge this week.
Cathy xx

Hazel said...


Good morning Sharon, oh dear you didn't have a good start to yesterday, here's hoping you have a much better day today.
Thank you for your lovely comment on my blog about my box for the gift.

Now your Hidden Secrets box is fabulous! This would make a wonderful gift fill with little bits in the drawers.

Hazel x

Patricia said...

Good Morning Sharon, I notice my sister Hazel has posted above me.
She will be asking me how to make this box when I see I just know it. That`s Hazels kind of thing as well as mine. I did try one the last time you showed this design. I am afraid I did not make as good a job as you. Must try again as it would be handy.
Hope you and your son are back on good terms
Have a Great Day

Patricia xxx

Jenny L said...

Hi Sharon,

another of your superb and lovely creations. Love the fairy on this I have a plate and an ornament to match it.
Have a wonderful crafty day.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

Lozzy said...

WOW Stunning Sharon, such a beautiful design..Thank you for joinng us at Sweet Pea Stampers and hoping you join us again. Good luck in draw..Hugs Lozzy x

paper fun said...

Fantastic project. This box is a stunner. Very beautiful.

You certainly did have an interesting day. I just glad that the weirdo didn't follow you home. He sounds so creepy.

Thanks for joining us at The Sweet Pea Stampers.

Mari

Kym's Crafty Cards said...

What a lovely hidden secrets box you have made. Thanks for taking part in the Sweet Pea Stampers Challenge this month of “fantasy” and best of luck. We hope to see you back again very soon. Best wishes, Kym, Sweet Pea Stampers Design Team xxx

mixamatoasties said...

What a great project.

Thanks for sharing at TPC this week.

Susan x

Olivia said...

Such a lovely job. Thank you for joining us at Totally Papercrafts.

Ali said...

Wow, this box is so clever! That must have taken some really delicate construction. I love the way you've decorated it too and the flower fairy topper is the perfect touch. :)

Thanks for joining in with our "fantasy" challenge at Sweet Pea Stampers.

Ali