Friday 12 October 2012

I'm back with a bright girly card

Good afternoon fellow bloggers!

Thank you for understanding about my absence from blogging. I thoroughly enjoyed myself and it was nice to do something different. I will have time today to go blog hopping through your blogs and see what fab creations you have made in my absence. Thanks for your time and patience and your comments. Without you all blogging wouldn't be possible.

The card today is different to what I've done before.

I have used the same embossing folder on each colour of card , pink card, gold mirror card and black co-ordinations card where afterwards I sanded the embossed part to reveal the pattern and used it as a mat for my fairy image.

I used an A5 card blank and used half and half of each embossed pink and gold mirrored card to stick on the bottom and top of the card blank. I then used border peel offs and around each half of the embossed card. I punched flower shapes out and layered to make a paper flower for the corner.

I then used flourish dies to cut through gold mirrored card and black co-ordinations card and used them to just stick under the centre black embossed card. I like this card but I'm unsure about the centre black card which I distressed by tearing at all sides.

I hope you like?

I'd like to enter this card into the following challenges pls:

Totally paper crafts-Make your own flowers

Joyful stamper challenge -Anything goes

All about vintage challenges -Embossing

Simon says stamp blog -Dies and punches

Crafts and me challenges -Anything goes

Divas by designs challenge -Anything goes

Tuesday alchemy -Anything goes

Pile it on challenge -Vintage/shabby chic

I hope you have a lovely day and ill be blog hopping by later!

Many hugs
Sharon xxxx

15 comments:

Caroline said...

Fab card love the design and the embossing looks so effective. Caroline xxx

Rita said...

What lovely cards Sharon. Thank-You too for the lovely comments left on my blog. Hugs Rita xx

Crafty Lark said...

I really like all the effects you have achieved yet tied it all together and love the images. We just take one day at a time, enjoy your crafting. xx Flora

Marie-Louise said...

Marvellous card Sharon - Love the colours and the embossing. Very bright and cheerful.

Sue said...

This is beautiful Sharon. I love the colours and textures you have combined with pretty fairy image

Sue

Anonymous said...

thanks for join in at It's allabout the Vintage
Elma

Jenny L said...

Hi Sharon,
so glad your back. Now isn't that selfish after you have been having such a lovely time with your friend.
Your card toady is wonderful and the design is fab. Love the little fairies. Congrats on another win. Good luck with these new challenges.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

Unknown said...

Such a gorgeous and pretty card! Love the details on gorgeous images! Thanks for joining us over at It's All About The Vintage & Beauty Challenge! Good Luck! Hugs and sunshine

gina g said...

Gorgeous card, love the image. Thanks for joining us at Crafts and Me this week. Have a lovely weekend. luv gina xx

Loves Happy Hour said...

Very pretty card!! Love the colors! So whimsical! Thank you for joining us this on Tuesday Alchemy! Hope to see you again soon!!

Cheers!
Kelli

Suzanne B aka brookfies said...

A lovely card with great embossing layers. Thank you for sharing with us at It's All About the Vintage embossing challenge. Wishes, Suzanne DT

carol said...

Lovely card, thanks for sharing with us at TPC x carol

debby4000 said...

Beautiful card and beautiful image too.

Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamps Challenge.
luv
Debby

Sanna Saksija said...

Such a sweet card, the background looks magical. Thanks for joining us at It's all about the vintage and beauty!

BethieJ said...

Your card is so PRETTY!!
Thank You for joining us last week at PIO!
Have a GREAT day!